How to Install Laminate Flooring
Once you’ve browsed the vast selection of versatile, fashionable laminate flooring options at your local Roberts Carpet & Fine Floors showroom & discovered the styles you want for your home, it’s time for your laminate floor installation.
You’ll work directly with our expert installation team to schedule a day for your installation, reviewing our installation checklist to ensure that there are no surprises for you or the other members of your household. Rest assured that your laminate planks will be installed efficiently & properly.
As your scheduled installation approaches, there are several steps we’ll need to take in preparation. You’ll review all of the following with our team ahead of time:
- The removal of furniture & other large objects from the rooms where laminate will be installed.
- Unusual items that will require special care & consideration while being moved.
- Cabinets, drawers & closets which will need to be emptied.
- Product acclimation to your home’s environment via the appropriate heat or air condition settings.
Some other things to keep in mind:
- Subflooring & Waste: Most of our laminate products offer a floating installation option, meaning they can easily be installed over a variety of existing flooring and subflooring types. The subfloor may need to be leveled, and existing flooring may need to be disposed of. We’ll develop a plan ahead of time for any potential waste produced from your laminate installation.
- Woodwork: There’s also a chance that baseboards, moldings, trim and other woodwork may need to be removed before installation. Doors which may not clear the height of your newly installed floors may also need to be shaved down. We’ll come up with a game plan for how these items will be handled.
- Be Present: Plan to be around on installation day so that our team can check in with you & everyone has the chance to communicate, ask questions, and get on the same page. We ask for your patience while we adjust to your space – every room presents unique challenges, and we may not be able to provide an estimated completion time up front. That said, laminate is one of the easiest flooring types to install.
- Safety: For everyone’s safety, please keep family members & pets away from the work area during installation, especially young children.
Once installation is complete, we’ll do a walkthrough to review all the details with you. At this time, it may be appropriate to open windows & run fans to help dissipate possible odors which come naturally with some newly installed floors.
Thanks to the simple techniques used modern laminate floor installation, laminate can make for a great DIY opportunity if you have installation experience. Plan carefully & know that our team is here to offer advice on how to install laminate flooring. If at any point you want us to take over, we’ll gladly do that, too.
Let’s get to work!