Vinyl | Maintenance
Congratulation on your new flooring purchase! One of the many benefits to luxury vinyl tile (LVT) is the relative ease of upkeep. LVT is scratch resistant, but is susceptible to indentations and can ware over time. While water resistant, the subfloor can still grow mold or mildew if water seeps in. Read our tips below on how to best preserve the beauty and life of your new flooring.
Luxury Vinyl Tile Maintenance Tips
- Sweep or Vacuum your floor with a microfiber dust mop regularly.
- Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar as it can damage the Vinyl Tile.
- Use mild cleaners on a monthly basis; Harsh cleaning chemicals should not be used on luxury vinyl tile.
- Spot Clean spills with dampened mop using warm water. For stains, use a diluted bleach system that is 1-part bleach, 10-parts water.
- For stubborn stains like chewing gum or candle wax try using a credit card.
- Stop dirt at the door by using mats outside and in.
- Consider felt or rubber pads for the bottom of heavy furniture.
- Never push, pull or Drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.